Most think Thanksgiving is a time families come together to enjoy one’s company and the deliciousness of the food that the holiday brings. Thanksgiving can also be a time to give back to those people and families in need who can’t afford a Thanksgiving meal. Through even the smallest donation or volunteerism, you can turn someone’s Thanksgiving into a holiday they will never forget. Here are some ways to participate in local food drives around the community:
- People’s Resource Center™. PRC is having their Annual Thanksgiving Meals Drive with every $30 dollars donated, they will offer a gift card to people in need to help purchase a turkey.
- Green Harvest Food Pantry™. Green Harvest is putting together holiday meal baskets for just $20, so no one has to go hungry during the holidays.
- Villa Park Office Equipment, Inc™. Villa Park’s 4th Annual Thanksgiving Drive will be taking place November 2nd-12th and will be collecting food items such as canned vegetables and pumpkin pie ingredients.
- Aurora Area Inerfaith Food Pantry™. The 8th Annual Holiday Food Drive will be taking place November 1st-25th where you can volunteer to pass out flyers and help collect bags of groceries.
- LakeCountyCares™. LakeCountryCares Thanksgiving H.U.G.S Food drive will take place November 1st-16th and you can collect and donate food or volunteer to load food into trucks.
Help spread the holiday cheer to local families and neighbors in need this Thanksgiving. Know of other local food drives? Share below to let other get involved in the act of giving back!