Jr. Mortgage Underwriter
Since its inception in 1956, DuPage Credit Union has continuously strived to build rewarding relationships, both between and amongst our Team Members as well as with our Members. In addition to enjoying a collaborative and communicative environment in which relationships can prosper, our Team Members enjoy virtually endless learning opportunities and opportunities for growth regularly. This is evidenced by the fact that over HALF of our current Team has been with us for more than five years. Additionally, our Residential LendingTeam has more than tripled since 2008. We're a small institution that thinks big. And because we only hire the cream of the crop, our growth and success are unstoppable.
As a Jr. Mortgage Underwriter, your responsibilities will include:
- Providing friendly, efficient, and professional service for our Members over the phone and, from time to time, in the Branch Offices.
- Assisting the Mortgage Team when necessary in conducting Mortgage Loan Interviews and processing of applications.
- Resolving problems on Members accounts.
- Reviewing Member packages and prepared Mortgage Documents for accuracy.
- Utilizing consultative sales skills to effectively develop Member financial relationships.
- Managing and auditing pipelines that are housed within the underwriting area.
- Assisting Underwriters when necessary.
- From time to time, assisting with monthly reporting.
Qualified job candidates will have:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 4 years experience in the Mortgage Loan Industry or related experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining friendly disposition