Winter is here to stay and even though it’s cold outside, there are still fun activities you can partake in with family and friends that make it worthwhile. So grab your warm coats, gloves and hats, here are some local winter activity ideas:
- Skiing and Snowboarding. If you’re looking for downhill snow activities, head over to Weigand Riverfront Park in Naperville for snowboarding. You can also hit the slopes for skiing and snowboarding at Four Lakes Alpine® Ski resort in Lisle and Villa Olivia in Bartlett.
- Sledding and Snow Tubing. Grab a sled and head to Arrowhead Park in Naperville or Blackwell Forest Preserve in Warrenville to have a fun day of sledding with the family. You can even go snow tubing on Blackwell’s Mount Hoy or at Villa Olivia in Bartlett.
- Ice Skating. Ice skating is always a fun activity for family or friends. You can skate away under the lights at the Centennial Park in Naperville, weather permitting of course.
- Snowman Building. Good ‘ole snow man building never gets old! You can build them right in your own backyard or participate in a snowman building contest at the Downers Grove Museum on 1/16/16.
- Snowshoeing. Interested in taking a hike with the family while enjoying the beauty of Mother Nature? Sign up for snowshoeing at Lincoln Marsh in Wheaton.
Whether you love riding the slopes on your snowboard or sledding with family, winter activities can be fun for all! Have other winter activities you love to participate in? Share them below!