Father’s Day is just around the corner. To help celebrate the men in your life, we have some out-of-the-box Father’s Day gift ideas that will leave your dad or husband smiling with a lifetime of memories.
- Take Dad on an Adventure – Add a bit of excitement this Father’s Day by going whitewater kayaking on the Fox River, trying to Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP), getting a thrill at Six Flags Great America (check out the Credit Union discount) or even skydiving indoors. It’s a great way to spend the day as a family while adding a dash of excitement to the holiday.
- Not Your Average Golf Outing – Get into the swing of the holiday by taking your Dad to TopGolf Naperville for a little friendly competition – rain or shine, you are guaranteed to have fun and keep an eye on the PGA leader board.
- Craft Beer Connoisseur – With so many local craft brewers nearby it’s easy and affordable to visit your Dad’s favorite brewer. For a fun tour and amazing locally, grown food try Two Brothers® Artisan Brewing in Warrenville. Or if you’re up for a road trip, check out Bent River® Brewing Company in the Quad Cities or head across the border into Wisconsin, Indiana or Iowa – all have award-winning craft beers to sample.
- Fun at the Faire – Take your Father on a trip back in time by visiting the Bristol Renaissance Faire where you can enjoy an afternoon in Merry Old England. The faire is open every weekend 7/9-9/5. Or if he prefers a bit more action, celebrate Father’s Day early at the 30th Annual Scottish Festival & Highland Games in Itasca 6/17-18.
- Rocking the Night Away – Whether your Dad is a classic rocker, loves the symphony or is nostalgic for 80’s music, Ravinia has something for everyone’s taste in music.
And if any of these Father’s Day Gift ideas aren’t the right fit for your Dad or husband, check out our Visa® Gift Cards – they’re always the perfect fit!
Have other Father’s Day gift ideas to help? Share them below!