Spring Break is right around the corner, which means the kids will be out of school and looking for something fun to do! If you’re staying in town, we have some ideas on how to liven up your Spring Break and make it the perfect staycation for you and your family!
Museums and Parks:
- SciTech Museum®. Visit the SciTech Museum in Aurora, IL for a fun and educational day with your kids. Enjoy Free Children’s Admission the last Saturday of every month, 11 AM – 2 PM!
- Cantigny Park®. Visit this 500-acre park in Wheaton, IL for a day filled of beautiful scenery, history and special events like the Spring Fling: Girl’s Craft Camp. The museums are closed on Mondays and parking is free the first Wednesday of every month!
- The Field Museum®. Visit The Field Museum in Chicago, IL for an unforgettable experience featuring a variety of exhibitions and events on the world’s natural history. The museum is open every day (expect Christmas Day). Last admission is at 4 pm.
- DuPage Children’s Museum®. Visit this museum in DuPage, IL for a day of fun for kids of all ages! The museum is even offering a Spring Break camp the week of March 28th for kids in grades 1-5.
- Zoo Phillips Park®. Visit this zoo in Aurora, IL to view their variety of species and get a better understanding of the animal world. Admission is free and the zoo is open year round (except Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day).
- Brookfield Zoo®. Visit this zoo in Brookfield, IL for a memorable family experience. The zoo is open 365 days of the year and you can save $1 when you order your tickets online!
- Lincoln Park Zoo®. Visit this zoo in Chicago, IL to enjoy the world of wildlife. The zoo is open year round and admission is free!
- Cosley Zoo®. Visit this zoo in Wheaton, IL to visit farm animals and native Illinois wildlife. The perfect adventure for younger children! Adult admission is free for Wheaton Park District residents and $5 for nonresidents – children are free!
- Pelican Harbor Aquatic Park®. Visit this water park in Bolingbrook, IL for a day full of water slides, splashes and fun. The water park is open year round featuring an indoor and outdoor water park.
- Keylime Cove®. Visit this water park in Gurnee, IL for a fun family vacation that will leave you feeling like you’re on a tropical vacation. If you book your stay 21 days in advance, you will receive a 15% discount!
- The Water Works®. Visit this indoor water park in Schaumburg, IL for an underwater adventure. This water park has extended hours for Spring Break, March 21-25 & March 28-April 1.
No matter how you choose to spend your Spring Break, there are plenty of fun and exciting options right here in Illinois. Have other ideas for a staycation? Share them below!