Nothing screams the holidays like an ugly sweater party! This popular holiday theme is not only funny, but enjoyable for your friends and family to participate in. To help make your ugly sweater party a total hit this year, here are some tips to consider when planning your party:
- Invitations. These can make or break the theme of your party. Just like the theme, make sure they tacky. Remind your guests they will need to be dressed in their tackiest sweaters so they aren’t feeling left out!
- Decorations. What’s a party without decorations? Throw up some colorful lights and tacky decorations to go with the theme. Need an idea for homemade decorations? Blow up some balloons and attach red or green solo cups to them and hang from the ceiling. The more obnoxious they are, the better!
- Food. No one wants to leave a party hungry! Have everyone bring an appetizer or dessert. If you’re feeling extra tacky, you could make an ugly sweater out of cupcakes. All you have to do is decorate accordingly and set them up in the shape of an ugly sweater!
- Drinks. Get in the holiday spirit with some holiday punch, sangria, or hot cocoa. (All can be kid friendly too).
- Photo Booth. Get creative and make a DIY photo booth. Hang a colored rug on your wall to make a back drop and decorate it with light, stockings, and tinsel. Then, put on some clothes, accessories and costumes and your guests can snap photos in front of your fun photo booth all night!
- Awards. If your guests are going to put in effort for the sweater then they should be rewarded! Ask guests to vote for the ugliest or most original sweater. Awards can range from a small party favor such as a bag of goodies, a bottle of wine, or a homemade medal they can wear the rest of the night!
Now that you have some tips to make your party a blast, don’t forget about making your ugly sweater! Have other ugly sweater party tips? Share them below and don’t forget to enter our Ugly Sweater Contest on Facebook!