Get rid of clutter and help local students in need by bringing old electronics and sensitive documents to be recycled and securely shredded at our eighth annual Drive, Drop & Donate event to support our We’ve Got Your Back fundraiser.
There is a $10 minimum donation to drop off electronics (what’s accepted?) and a $10 minimum donation to drop off sensitive documents (what’s accepted?), although any donation amount will be accepted. 100% of the proceeds will go directly to local students in need. Every $20 donated provides a backpack full of supplies, preparing these students for the school year and giving their families some much needed assistance.
The health and safety of our team and members is our number one priority. Because of this, the following safety measures will be enforced:
- Before arriving, please place your items for donation in your trunk. This will allow our team members to take care of unloading for you without any direct contact.
- Once you arrive at the event, please do not leave your vehicle.
- All DuPage Credit Union Team Members will be wearing masks and gloves.
- Cash and credit card payments will be accepted. If paying with cash, please place the exact amount into an envelope—we will not be able to provide any change.
Thank you for your understanding during these unprecedented times.
There is a minimum $10 donation to drop off electronics.
- Desktop Computers
- Circuit Boards/Cards
- Laptop Computers
- Computer Power Supplies
- Other Computer Components
- Hard Drives
- Desktop Copiers & Multifunction Devices
- Fax Machines
- Desktop Printers and Scanners
- Phones & Communication Devices
- Office Phones
- Audio/Video equipment
- Projection equipment
- LCDs (flat screens only)
- Power Distribution Units
- Mainframe Computer Equipment
- Server Racks
- PBX Systems
- Receivers & Transmitters
- Network Cards
- Cell Phones
- Tablets & PDAs
- Fax Machines
- Gaming Devices
- MP3 Players
- Stereo Equipment
- Cable Boxes
- DVD Players
- Digital Cameras
- Game Consoles
- Security Equipment
- Accessories & Cables
The following items WILL NOT be accepted: batteries, light bulbs, TVs, box monitors, household appliances. All items are 100% recyclable.
There is a minimum $10 donation to drop off documents.
- Paper (any color)
- Bonded Letterhead
- Carbon & Carbon-less Forms
- File Folders
- Post-It Notes
- Staples, Paper Clips, Binder Clips & Rubber Banks
- Envelopes (Including Window Envelopes)
- Glossy/Coated Paper (Brochures)
- Personal Information, Bank Statements, Tax Records & Invoices
- Medical Records
These items can be collected separately from paper: credit cards, gift cards, ID badges, diskettes, tapes, microfiche, CDs and round reels.
The following items WILL NOT be accepted: food wrappers, lunch bags, paper towels, medical waste, aluminum foil, keys, lighters, flammable materials and more.