Looking for ways to celebrate our nation’s 240th Birthday? Check out a few suggestions below on fun Fourth of July celebrations right here in the burbs that are sure to provide fun for everyone:
- Naperville’s RIBFEST – If you enjoy mouth-watering ribs, great music and family fun for all ages, make sure to stop by Knoch Park 7/1-7/4. This year’s performers include Sheryl Crow and Gin Blossoms. And of course there are awesome fireworks on the Fourth of July.
- Eyes to the Skies– Hot air balloons and three nights of fireworks are just a few of the exciting reasons to look to the Lisle skies 7/1-7/3. Along with lofty visual sights, enjoy carnival ride, great music, including Thompson Square on 7/2, and chow down on everything from sweet corn to BBQ.
- Taste of Oak Brook – Sample delicious edibles from several Oak Brook restaurants, including Labriola Bakery Cafeˊ, Tuscany and Gibson’s Steakhouse on 7/3 at the Oak Brook Polo Field. Free admission and only $10 to park. Fireworks are scheduled to cap the event at dusk.
- Frontier Days Festival™ – Carnival rides, tasty treats and the Plain White T’s on stage are just a few ways to enjoy the weekend at Recreation Park in Arlington Heights . Purchase your carnival bracelets by 6/29 and save! Event dates: 6/30-7/4.
- Batavia’s Fourth of July Sky Concert – For good old-fashioned fun and light-up-the-night fireworks, set to live music, drive no further than Batavia, located in the Fox River Valley. Fireworks start at 9:30 p.m. sharp on 7/4 and our viewed best from Engstrom Park.
If you need cash for parking, delectable dishes or carnival rides, don’t forget to download our Free Mobile Banking App to find a surcharge-free ATM nearby. FYI – the Credit Union’s Branch Offices and Call Center will be closed on 7/4 in observance of Independence Day.
Have other tips or suggestions on how to celebrate this Fourth of July weekend? Share them below.