Our veterans and service members deserve a home of their own. Let’s make it happen with 0% down.
We know the importance of putting down roots. And for you—our veterans, service members and your families—having a place to come home to is what keeps you connected even when you’re miles apart. To show our appreciation for your service, we strive to provide you with the same by offering VA loans – a low-rate, affordable home loan that requires no down payment.
What makes a VA loan different?
- Down payments aren’t required.
- You don’t need excellent credit to apply and qualify.
- There is no monthly Mortgage Insurance Premium (MIP).
- Interest rates are lower, making monthly payments smaller and easier to pay over time.
- You can use your monthly allowance for housing to pay your mortgage payment.
- You can get a 15, 20 or 30 year Fixed-Rate Mortgage or a 5 year Adjustable-Rate Mortgage (ARM).
Frequently Asked Questions
- What documentation do I need to apply for a VA loan?
In order to apply, you’ll need to get a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) from the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA). This document shows proof of one of four things: you served at least 181 days of active duty during peace time, 90 days of active duty during war, six years in the Reserves or National Guard, or you’re the surviving spouse of a service member killed during active duty.
- What if I already have a mortgage, can I refinance with a VA loan?
Of course! If you refinance with a VA loan, you’ll get better interest rates than a home equity or line of credit and you can borrow up to 100% of your home’s value with a VA cash-out refinance.
Give us a call at 800-323-2611 – we’ll be happy to help you.
DuPage Credit Union does not service VA loans. For more information, please call us at 800-323-2611.