Now through 1/31/19, take advantage of our special, low-rate credit card balance transfer offer: 4.99% APR¹ for 15 months with no balance transfer fee.
Most balance transfer offers expire after 6 to 12 months², after which the rate can increase significantly. With this limited-time offer, you have an additional 3 months to pay off your debt and save money at the same low rate.
No Balance Transfer Fee
It gets better. Most cards have a balance transfer fee of 3% to 5%³ which could cost hundreds just to transfer your money. With this limited-time offer, not only do you get a low 4.99% APR for 15 months but you also avoid pesky balance transfer fees.
Plus, You Can Use Convenience Checks and Enjoy the Same Low 4.99% APR.¹
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a balance transfer fee?
A balance transfer fee is a charge to move your funds from one credit card to another. The exact amount varies depending on the financial institution, but typically costs you somewhere around 3% – 5% of your balance.³ With this 15 month balance transfer offer, DuPage Credit Union does not charge a balance transfer fee. You save money right off the bat!
- What is a convenience check?
A convenience check is used just like any other check. Funds written from these checks will go towards your credit card balance and have the same 4.99% APR. Use them to:
- Transfer balances from high rate credit cards to your DuPage Credit Union Visa® Credit Card.
- Make large purchases such as repairs or any unexpected costs.
- Write yourself a check and deposit the funds into your checking account
Checks must post by 1/31/19. Make sure you have enough available credit for the transaction(s), interest and any related fees.
- What do I need to do a balance transfer?
Transferring balances is simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Name of the card issuer
- Payment address of the card issuer (located on the top of your electronic or paper statement)
- Account number of the credit card
- Dollar amount you want to do the balance transfer for
By transferring your current debt to any DuPage Credit Union Credit Card, you’ll be eligible for a low 4.99% APR for 15 months.
- Can I transfer my debt through Online Banking?
Yes! Here’s how:
- Login to Online Banking on the top-right of your screen.
- Select your Visa Credit Card Account.
- Select the Transfer Balances tab from the main menu.
- Follow the prompts to enter your card information and transfer amounts.
- What is a balance transfer fee?
Need Convenience Checks?
Convenience checks come in bundles of 4 and must be used by the expiration date or they’ll revert to the standard APR.
¹APR (Annual Percentage Rate). 0.4158% Monthly Periodic Rate on balance transfers. This rate will be extended 15 months, thereafter, any unpaid balances will be at the standard purchase rate. Any additional balance transfers, outside of the promotional APR, will be charged the standard variable APR. Interest will begin to accrue the date the balance transfer(s) or convenience check(s) posts to your account. Limited-Time Balance Transfer Offer effective 11/1/18-1/31/19. Balances transferred from an existing DuPage Credit Union Visa® Credit Card do not qualify for this offer. Platinum Rewards and Platinum Advantage cardholders opened between 11/1/17-1/31/19 are not eligible for this offer; due to current introductory offer. Some restrictions may apply. Terms and conditions apply. Current DuPage Credit Card must be paid up to date and not delinquent. Must be a Member in good standing. ²Average time frame according to CreditCards.com as of 10/23/18. ³Average according to Nerdwallet.com as of 11/9/2017.